Mission: The Judicial Committee of the Greater Houston Dental Society serves to maintain the highest legal, ethical and moral standards of its members.
Description: The Committee’s objective is to educate the membership on the ADA and TDA Principles of Ethics and Code of Professional Conduct and serve as an avenue for self-governance.
The committee functions include:
· Mediating Dentist-to-Dentist complaints and those referred by the Peer Review Committee involving Patient-to-Dentist complaints.
· Review applications for membership that are found to have negative or past disciplinary action attached to their license
· Distribute the ADA and TDA Code of Ethics to each member.
o TDA Code of Ethics
o ADA Code of Ethics
· To further expand Ethics Education programs for dental students.
· To exhibit benefits offered by the Judicial Committee at the GHDS General Meetings.
· Provide information to Dentists on the Texas State Board Rules and Regulations, which can be found at http://www.tsbde.state.tx.us/
Schedule: Business will be conducted electronically to review membership applications with pass disciplinary action and committee cases.
· Student Committee Event
· Judicial and Peer Review Committees UTSD Student Event - Thursday, January 17, 2019
Chairman: Dr. Edward Sauer, 1 Year
Dr. William Davies, 2 Years
Dr. Gary Frey, 2 Years
Dr. Sharon Garner, 3 Years
Dr. Harold Heuszel, 1 Year
Dr. Stephen Laman, 1 Year
Dr. John Orfanos, 2 Years
Dr. Kimberly Ruona - 3 Years
Dr. Xavier Saab - 3 Years
Dr. Ron Hill - Board Liaison:
Dr. Rihl Buckley - President
Dr. Glenda Owen - President-elect