Legislative Action Committee
MEMBERS ARE NEEDED TO SERVE AS CONTACT DENTISTS TO MAINTAIN CONTACT WITH LOCAL ELECTED OFFICIALS. TO GET INVOLVED, EMAIL MS. FULLER: email@example.com
: The Legislative Action Committee (LAC) is responsible for organizing and maintaining a grassroots network to inform local, state and national elected officials from the greater Houston area of the legislative agendas of the American Dental Association and the Texas Dental Association.
: The LAC Committee monitors national and state legislation and works with national and state legislators as advocates for the dental profession. Under the LAC umbrella, the DENPAC/ADPAC committee encourages members to contribute to both state and national PACs. Three to four committee meetings per year.
· Continue to develop a presence within the community to encourage area leaders to look to GHDS for accurate information on oral health care.
· Continue to develop and expand the Contact Dentist list for the grassroots network.
· Work with the GHDS DENPAC representatives to develop and implement fundraising activities and encourage ADPAC and DENPAC contributions. ADPAC & DENPAC representatives work with their National and State level legislators to promote organized dentistry’s legislative agendas.
· Disseminate the legislative agendas of the ADA Council on Government Affairs (CGA) and the TDA Council on Legislative and Regulatory Affairs (CLRA) to GHDS member dentists, UTSD American Student Dental Association (ASDA) members, U of H American Student Dental Alliance Pre-Dental students, RICE Pre-Dentals students and HBU Pre-Dental students.
· Promote GHDS members' participation in ADA Dentist and Student Lobby Day, TDA Legislative Day, which provides dentistry’s voice to be heard by all legislators in the National and State Capitols.
: All committee meetings begin at 6:30 p.m. at the Society Office.
· Tuesday, October 1, 2019
· Tuesday, April 7, 2020
· General Meeting - Wednesday, October 16, 2019 - UTSD Cooley Center, 7440 Cambridge
LAC Student Events
· UTSD ASDA Student Vendor Day - TBD
· UTDB ASDA Student Advocacy Academy Week LAC Luncheon - (November 2019) - TBD
· U of H Pre-Dental Meeting (LAC & Membership Committees) -TBD
Dr. Lee Clitheroe - Chairman
Dr. Sarah Arafat
Dr. Craig Armstrong, Past President , ADA CGA Representative
Ms. Lana Armstrong - Alliance
Dr. Doug Bogan, Past President
Dr. Jason Brock
Dr. Rita Cammarata, Past President
Dr. Elbert Coker
Dr. Ralph Cooley
Dr. Lauren Golden
Dr. Thomas Harrison, Past President, GHDS DENPAC/ ADPAC Representative
Dr. Harold Heuszel
Dr. Duc Ho, Past President
Dr. Dean Hutto, Past President
Dr. Steve Koo
Dr. Nelson Lawnin
Dr. Rana Mehr
Dr. Greg Oelfke – Past President
Dr. Joseph Piazza, Past President
Dr. Ron Rhea, Past President
Dr. Stuart Rooney
Dr. Rana Shammas
Dr. Adam Shisler
Dr. Katie Stuchlik
Dr. Debra Stewart, Past President
Dr. Michelle Thompson
Dr. Karen Walters, Past President
Dr. Fabia Younus
UTSD Student Representatives
Ms. Amy La - ASDA President
Ms. Belen Diaz
Ms. Georgina Medina
Ms. Joy Nisnisan
Ms. Christine Pham
Mr. Chandler Pruitt
U of H
Mr. John Nguyen
Mr. Cesar Zapata
Dr. Glenda Owen, President
Dr. Kathy O'Keefe - President-elect