The GHDS Announces 2022-2023 Slate of Nominees
The Greater Houston Dental Society Nominating Committee is pleased to present the Slate of Nominees for the 2022-2023 Board of Directors, elected Committee positions, and TDA Delegates and Alternate Delegates who will serve at the 2023 TDA House of Delegates.
The Slate, as presented today, lists the names of all members who will be serving, including the nominees. The nominee names, which are highlighted and in bold, will be the only names on the ballot when distributed for vote. Last year GHDS made the decision to move to electronic voting, as is allowed by GHDS Bylaws. This process resulted in a high volume of votes being received. Because this method allows for greater participation by the GHDS membership we are continuing the use of electronic voting.
The flow for the voting process, as is outlined in our Bylaws, will follow the steps indicated below.
From today’s date, September 15, 2021, members will have thirty (30) days to review the Slate and make additional nominations from the floor or via electronic mechanism.
- If you choose to make a nomination from the floor (live), you will have an opportunity to do that at the September 23, 2021 General Meeting.
- If you choose to make a nomination from the floor (electronically), you will have until 11:59 pm, October 15, 2021.Electronic nominations should be submitted to the GHDS Executive Director, Deanna Menesses, via email firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred method) or by phone 713-961-4337, ext. 102.
- All nominations received by the deadline date will be forwarded to the Nominating Committee for review and vetting. No nominations will be accepted after 11:59 PM, October 15, 2021.
On November 15, 2021, which is sixty (60) days from date of Slate presentation, the Official Ballot will be distributed electronically to all voting GHDS members.
- You will receive an email that will provide information to submit your vote, and a link to the Official Ballot.
- The voting process will be open from November 15, 2021 until 11:59 PM, November 30, 2021.
- Each eligible voting member will be entitled to one vote, which is directly tied to your email address. Please do not forward your email.
Voting is an important right and by casting your vote, you play an important role in choosing the leaders who will shape the future of the Greater Houston Dental Society. We hope that you will use this opportunity to have your voice heard.
If you have any questions, please contact Deanna Menesses at email@example.com or call 713-961-4337, ext. 102.