Mission: The Judicial Committee of the Greater Houston Dental Society serves to maintain the highest legal, ethical and moral standards of its members.
Description: The Committee’s objective is to educate the membership on the ADA and TDA Principles of Ethics and Code of Professional Conduct and serve as an avenue for self-governance.
The committee functions include:
• Mediating Dentist-to-Dentist complaints and those referred by the Peer Review Committee involving Patient-to-Dentist complaints.
• Review applications for membership that are found to have negative or past disciplinary action attached to their license
• Distribute the ADA and TDA Code of Ethics to each member.
o TDA Code of Ethics
o ADA Code of Ethics
• To further expand Ethics Education programs for dental students.
• To exhibit benefits offered by the Judicial Committee at the GHDS General Meetings.
• Provide information to Dentists on the Texas State Board Rules and Regulations
, which can be found at http://www.tsbde.state.tx.us/